Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Information Page
As individuals, families, and institutions in Montgomery and Floyd counties confront Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and its potential effects on our community, Montgomery-Floyd Regional Library is providing this informational update.
All branches of Montgomery-Floyd Regional Library are closed in response to the COVID-19 emergency. The library will remain closed through at least Sunday April 19.
For more information, please call your library branch from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Please refer to this page for official updates on Montgomery-Floyd Regional Library’s response to the COVID-19 emergency.
Disruptions in Services and Operations
- All events, programs, community room reservations, and outreach are canceled through Monday, June 1.
- We are not accepting future community room reservations at this time.
- Passport processing has halted, and we're not taking new appointments.
- The library can not accept book donations at this time.
Changes to Circulation
While the library is closed for the COVID-19 emergency:
- There will be no overdue fines charged for days when the library is closed. We encourage our patrons to keep the material they have checked out until we re-open.
- All holds are suspended. It is permissible to create new holds using our online catalog.
- Any library card that expires during our closure is still valid.
- We have a temporary procedure for those that don't have a library card but would like one.
For official, up-to-date information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), please visit:
- Virginia Department of Health Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Official Page
- United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Page
- Montgomery County Informational Resources for COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
If you have cold-like symptoms (Fever, Cough, Shortness of breath) DO NOT go to the Hospital or Emergency Room; first call the New River Health District COVID-19 Hotline @ (540) 267-8240 Their hours are:
- 8am - 8pm
- 8am - Noon
- Noon - 4pm
Check books out from home
Staying busy while Social Distancing can be hard. The library offers patrons access to downloadable ebooks, audiobooks, comics, music, and video content. Some institutions have allowed us to provide more content during this emergency. We're buying more downloadable titles, too. There are also school-closure resources available. See our informational box on our front page.