Tell us about the books you're reading!
Tips for writing a book review:
Keep it between 5-10 sentences.
What's the book about?
Describe what you liked or disliked about it.
Try not to give away the ending!
Who would you recommend this to?
Please include your name, your age and the title and author of the book you reviewed.
Visit our Teen Book Review Form, review that awesome book you just read, and the review could be posted to front of the Teens Page!
Every third Saturday at 12:00 PM in the Blacksburg Public Library
Interested in what you can do to bring fun teen programs to the library? Come to Teen Council where you can learn about volunteer opportunities, brainstorm, hang out, and snack!
What is Teen Council?
Teen Council is an opportunity for teens to gain leadership skills, community service hours, and work experience in a fun environment. Teens are given the opportunity to provide feedback for Youth Services and shape future programs to their interests.
What do teen volunteers do?
- Assist with library programs
- Create and plan youth programs
- Decorate and maintain teen area
- Maintain childrenâ€™s area
- Create display decorations, etc.
- Perform other library tasks such as straightening shelves and shelf-reading
- Community service projects
- Teens must be 11 or older to volunteer
- Teens can volunteer during the school year with the option of expanded hours during the summer for the Summer Reading Program.
- Volunteers may be scheduled for 1-2 hours per shift.
- If you are unable to make a volunteer shift, please call the branchÂ to let the library staff know. Teens that miss 3 shifts without notification will be taken off the schedule.
How do I join?
Complete and return the application to the front desk. Filling out an application does not guarantee acceptance to volunteer.